Thank you for your interest in working with Create Agency Ltd. Specialists in creative event entertainment services. With over fifteen years of experience in the event industry, we are experts in our field, providing you with professional event and project management. As part of our service we handle all communication, payments, contractual agreements with entertainers, performers or other suppliers.
Included are our:
1) Terms of Service
TERMS OF SERVICE:
Quotes and cost-estimates:
- Free consultation and quotation service via email and phone. Meetings in person prior to your event, hourly rates, and travel fees will apply. Any custom design & concept work requested will be invoiced at an hourly fee and/or a concepting fee will be provided. Concepting fees are payable even if the event does not proceed.
- Services for consultancy, event planning and design work will be charged for in full whether or not the event goes ahead at rate of $150+gst per hour. Any material cost incurred for planning or preparation of an event will also be billed in full.
- Cost-estimates are given in good faith. We may charge fees above our estimate if additional work is required that does not form part of it, or any of our assumptions prove to be incorrect. If this happens, we will advise you as soon as possible and obtain further instructions from you.
- Full terms and conditions can be found here – https://createagency.nz/terms/
- For large-scale and bespoke events, separate terms of service & contractual agreements will be provided in writing via email. In that case, they override the terms of service provided on this website.
Terms of bookings:
- Unless you advise otherwise in writing, we will assume you agree to the terms on our quotes / terms of service or website upon confirmation of a booking.
- Please note that if you end our engagement after confirmation, any fees, disbursements and expenses incurred on your behalf up to the date of termination.
Cancellations and the weather fine print:
- Our services proceed in all weather conditions. Services are suitable for both indoor and outdoor events with appropriate weather and shelter, heaters or event site provided by the client.
- In the instance of weather conditions unsuitable or unsafe for the public, we allow a change of location to an indoor or alternative venue in a similar travel radius at no additional cost.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking. In the event of a cancellation, our cancellation policy is 50% non-refundable.
- In addition to our cancellation fee, materials costs, travel fees, admin costs /booking fees and costs already incurred for the booking may be added to this.
- Cancellations made within 7x days of an event incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- We have a pre-paid, no-cancellations, 100% payment policy due to being fully booked over this period.
- Bookings over our peak season (20th Oct – 20th Feb) are non-refundable and no cancellations allowed under any circumstances.
- Date changes might be considered with a booking change fee, based on availability. In some instances, fees to cover artists cancellations may apply.
- In the unlikely event your artist is unavailable to work due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance, a replacement will be provided, alternatively the booking fee and any paid balance will be refunded.
Force Majure Event:
- Performance of any obligation impacted by a Force Majeure Event will be resumed as soon as reasonably practicable after the termination or abatement of the Force Majeure Event.
- If, by reason of a Force Majeure Event, Create is unable to perform any material obligation under this Agreement for a period of 60 days after the occurrence of the Force Majeure Event, the Client may terminate the supply of Services by giving written notice to Create.
- Date changes, logistics coordination and/or any other changes will be billed at the rate of $150+ gst per amendment.
- In that instance, costs already incurred will be billed to the client including but not limited to materials + costumes already purchased that would have been used at the events, work already done (prep hours), booking & liaising with contractors, contractor cancellation fees, client liaison,t business expenses already incurred, staff wages, rent, insurances, marketing events, HSE plans/ SSSP plans and any admin costs.
Payments for booking:
- 100% Payment for due at the time of booking.
- Balance (if any travel / parking / additional requests etc) due 14 days from invoice
- In the unlikely event, your artist is unavailable to work due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances the deposit and any paid balance will be refunded in full if a replacement face painter can not be arranged.
- Please ensure there is suitable protective cover should the entertainers be working outside (rain or sunshine). If arrangements (protection) against the elements are not made appropriately, then Create Agency artist reserves the right to alter the location / terms and/or cancel the booking arrangements and still will be liable for payment in full.
Late payment penalties:
- Changes to invoice including late payments require a change to invoice and will incur a $100 admin fee per invoice amendment required.
- Late payment penalties – $100 admin fee + 15% added each month or part of thereafter, accruing. All costs incurred in the recovery of overdue accounts will be added to the total amount owed.
- If overdue payments pass the 60-day overdue payment timeframe, Create Agency Ltd as the “creditor” of the debt’ reserves the right to employ a debt collection agency to recover the debt. Or may pass on or sell the debt to a debt collection agency, who then legally becomes the “creditor” for the debt.
Additional time & services on the day of the booking:
- At the discretion of the artist, additional time may be extended on the day of booking.
- To guarantee availability, please arrange this ahead of the event date.
- If the artist is to work extra time over, that same hourly rate applies for extra time booked.
- Minimum charge 30 minutes for extra time booked. The artist is not responsible for quoting for extra time.
- If the event is not busy & the client chooses to send the artist/ entertainer home before the agreed finishing time. no refund will be provided, please refer to our cancellation policy.
- Please do not expect our entertainers to stay longer to accommodate additional guests or guests who arrive late. Public events should have 2-4 artists booked at a minimum.
- We are happy to discuss volume & capacity at the time of booking.
Parking & Travel
- If parking (or pass) is unable to be provided, parking charges are additional and will be added to the final invoices.
- For venues or private locations: Please leave a space open as close to the site as possible, or in the driveway, so the face painter/artist can unload heavy equipment.
- We suggest reserved car parks for our team as they arrive 15mins ahead of any booking. For locations with limited parking, please pay for additional parking or provide reserved parking to guarantee your artist will not arrive late.
- For permit located areas, please arrange for a car parking space for the artist.
- Travel charges will apply for locations 15km+ from CBD and will be discussed at time of booking.
- Flights and accommodation and travel arrangement bookings are non-refundable once booked. Our fee to arrange is cost + 30% admin fee + gst.
- Our cut-off for bookings are 10x days pre-event) Any bookings less than 10x days from the event incur a $100+ gst surcharge per artist due to staff shortages (whether or not they are secured/confirmed) & covers our time to accommodate last-minute booking enquiries via our extended networks.
- Unless stated on quote separately or arranged ahead of time in writing – an event co-ordinator, queue-manager are not provided and are the responsibility of the client.
- For busy public events, we ask that the client provides a volunteer dedicated to assist with queue control so our artist can finish on time. We generally number the line 30mins-1hour prior to our finishing time.
- Our quotes include artist / entertainer costs and materials. Our quote will not include set-up of table, chairs, gazebos, queue systems, generator or access to power etc. We are able to arrange this with our supplier and provide for an additional fee. Rental fees, transportation costs and hourly rates will apply + a 30% project management fee will also apply for co-ordination.
- The artist will start working at the time stated and leave at the time stated. A setting up period and packing away a period of 15mins pre-event will be allowed for by the artist.
- Please refer to or request our set-up guide to clarify what needs to be provided ahead of our team arriving.
Breaks & Inductions:
- Any breaks or inductions that are mandatory are paid and charged out accordingly. Our team breaks are 10mins per 2 hour shift.
- 30min un-paid breaks will be offered to our team but not necessary as they will tag team a couple of shorter breaks through the day for bookings longer than 4hours.
- We will notify you if any team member would prefer an unpaid 30min meal break at the time of booking.
ALL COSTUMED CHARACTERS ARE GENERIC/INSPIRED AND ARE NOT AFFILIATED, LICENSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY CORPORATION OR TRADEMARK. It is not our intention to violate any copyright laws. The characters that we offer are NOT name brand copyrighted characters, and Characters for Hire, LLC. costumed characters are named of our own creation.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Children are required to be accompanied by an adult at all times. We only use EU & FDA Approved cosmetic grade face painting supplies, artists are not liable for allergic reactions to paints.
- People with sensitive skin should not participate without a test from the artist. The Artist has the right to decline painting anyone who appears to be sick or suffering from any skin conditions. Our artists are not responsible for any damage to clothing. Under no circumstances will artists supervise children.
- Paint can easily be removed using mild soap and water. Some skin types are prone to some very mild initial staining – a small amount of mild baby shampoo or shaving cream will remove this gently.
- Water is changed regularly during a booking and clean sponges used for each face. All equipment is thoroughly cleaned after each booking.Create Agency team have your children’s safety and interests in mind at all times and as a result, we reserve the right not to paint or entertain under certain conditions – see below for examples as the list is not exhaustive:
- The artist will not paint or entertain anyone who is obviously unwell (runny nose/temperature/rash) or has any other visible skin complaint (eczema; chickenpox; acne; cold sore; open wounds; eye infections etc).
- The artist will not paint or entertain anyone against their wishes (this may result in stopping painting before the final result if a child becomes uncomfortable or changes their mind). Please do not force your child to be painted if they really are uneasy or unwilling – face painting should be an enjoyable experience for both the child and parent.
- Please request our HSE plans for other specific services at the time of booking
- Contractors are booked via our app and have been through an HSE induction with us.
- SSSP (site-specific) plans will be provided and included only if we co-ordinating the event on behalf of the client. A management, admin and coordination fee of 30% in addition to the service will be charged.
Covid-19 Policy (during appropriate alert levels):
- Maintain physical distancing at least 2m apart
- Maintain register and contact details of anyone in contact with for upto 4x weeks
- Hand sanitizer before and after any interactions
- Wash your hands regularly
- Regularly disinfect surfaces
- Our products and tools will be wiped down and cleaned with Isopropyl alcohol and alcohol wipes on a regular basis
- Use of disposable tools where possible
- Restrict the number of attendees or conduct services online or remotely via zoom
- Create is following advice from the Ministry of Health (NZ) in relation to the self-isolation requirements of its workforce.
- Policy will change periodically as per government guidelines.