Reflect, Rebuild, and Recover
Let's collaborate in the rebuild of events in Aotearoa
Busy event season abruptly brought to a halt around Aotearoa.
ALL New Zealanders were impacted by the cancellation of large events, gatherings, and business as we once knew it due to COVID-19.
The situation changed so quickly from level 2 to full lock-down in 48 hours, it really changed the way we do business.
We were struggling to keep up at one point, coming up with new ideas and ways of doing things and then being shut down with the ever-changing unprecedented environment soon after.
It felt re-active as opposed to proactive.
So, what do we do when slammed with a crisis?
How do we take control again? We reflect, we rebuild and we recover.
For most businesses’ the best advice I can give from our own experience so far is, not to give up.
We’ve come up with a few strategies to help:
Keeping your audience engaged and entertained is of the utmost importance throughout these trying times.
It’s those businesses that stay in front of mind and continue to advertise and market themselves through a recession that flourishes out the other end.
- Is there a way you can pivot your existing business to make this more future proof and to weather storms that are yet to hit
- How can you build a revenue stream online?
- How can your business be accessible internationally?
- Are you an industry expert? What content could you be putting out to engage with your audience and provide them with value? What do they need and how can you deliver this to them?
- How can you keep your brand alive through new and innovative ways while adapting to our current situation?
- Reflect on the past year or more and find areas needing improvement, and improve
- Enjoy the break, recharge and look after yourself – it’s not often we have the luxury of the world going on hold
We took a long, hard look at our skill sets and started brainstorming ways to transfer our skills into the digital world:
- Connect with local communities offering them craft challenges they can do at home with their kids. Based on existing content and we can use this time to research new ideas we can implement into our future services. This will build our online database for when things go back to normal and these customers are looking to celebrate birthdays
- Offering teaching training and professional development workshops virtually for clients to connect with our corporate sector of private childcare centers, kindergartens and after school programs
- Consultation for future events. Get plans in place for when things start to look promising, so we can deliver these events quickly and efficiently and increase our capacity
- DIY party packs that can be couriered out for when the alert level lowers and couriers are back up and running for all businesses – everyone will be looking for a bit of fun and ways to celebrate
- Recruitment for more talented and professional artists to join our database to build capacity and value into the events we deliver
We leverage off our existing skillset and things we enjoy here at Create Agency.
We are of the mindset in enjoying what you do and we are genuinely passionate about the business and the clients we work with.
Both from creative backgrounds, the office duo Sam & Olivia have now moved onto bigger for the better.
Sam our creative director finds her creative outlet within business development, direction, and overall business strategy; she’s a big-picture thinker and the force driving us forward, fuelled by the motivation of if we’re not moving forward, we’re moving backward.
Olivia our operations manager hones in on her perfectionism and attention to detail through our marketing, automation and various integrations in the business, making things work is her specialty.
She’s passionate about the business and enjoys taking on any challenge thrown her way.
We’re creative like that, we’ll find a way to make it work.
It’s times like this that challenge us to stop, reflect, and reevaluate.
Are there any industry friends or professionals we can reach out to, to leverage off or collaborate with?
Is there anyone we can help or anyone who can work with us?
It might spark inspiration to pivot the business into a whole new and exciting direction, something that’s stronger than before, something that can survive future storms.
We’re taking this as a wonderful learning opportunity and it’s testing our grit.
Thankfully, we’re already pretty tech savvy but this might be the push we needed to survive via a new platform and explore how to take things digital.
Whilst you are putting your best face forward on social media, ensure you divide your time wisely. Many companies will not have the luxury of continuing to market during this period, you may be one of them.
We encourage you to dive deep into your content, review both your paid media and your website.
Learn what works and what doesn’t, find the faults and improve in order to come back on a structured path to improvement, there is a window of opportunity and we want to be ready!
While it’s been a tough few weeks having to cancel or postpone all the events in our pipeline, we are encouraging clients to postpone your events where possible, please don’t cancel!
For clients thinking of working with us – now is the perfect time to start planning for when things get better and it’s business as usual. We are available online or remotely for a chat and things WILL GET BETTER.
Happy to start talking, planning, and consulting with you on how you can drive traffic through your doors following this pandemic.
We have a PDF of all our added services, ideas, and inspiration for anyone wanting to be an attention-seeking specialist,
We’re all hurt and all going to need the pick me up once this is all behind us.
Find balance in education, fun, and exercise and you know what, our time at home will remind us of what’s important.
Kia Kaha New Zealand!
Let’s Entertain, Engage, and Inspire Kiwi families!
Follow us on our socials for inspiration. Let’s CREATE!